Hearos ear plug brand offers the widest array of specialized ear plugs available – ranging from basic sleep aids to hearing protection, noise reduction and water protection available. But as a small company with a product that had been sold primarily online, Hearos’ lack of brand recognition was impacting online conversions.
To build brand awareness and loyalty, the team at Hearos decided to offer free sample earplugs to new customers, and sought the expertise of SiteTuners to optimize their website to maximize the effectiveness of that offer. The project started with an Express Review of the Hearos site, which identified several major conversion issues:
- Lack of clear call to action
- Dark, ominous coloring
- Confusing purchase path
- Absence of social proof
After the review, the conversion experts at SiteTuners applied their proven landing page best practices to an Express Fix, creating a new site design and structure that addressed the barriers to conversion.
“SiteTuners created a completely redefined interface and conversion path that stimulated trust, efficiency, credibility and brand equity with an extraordinary return-on-investment,” noted Doug Pick, CEO of DAP World, Inc. the founder of Hearos and Sleep Pretty In Pink earplugs. “We learned that traffic is meaningless without strategic, best practice design and an effective call-to-action.”
In the 6 months that followed, Hearos enjoyed a 150% increase in conversions. The company shipped more than 200,000 free samples and their products can now be found in major retail outlets including Walgreens, Wal-Mart and Target.
The image above shows the Hearos site as it looked after the redesign. Note these key elements to the page’s success:
- Emphasis was placed on the conversion goal – in this case, encouraging visitors to request a free sample
- The addition of a focused headline that established the brand position
- Inclusion of social trust, in the form of testimonials, logos of their retailers and other clear indicators that Hearos was an established company with thousands of happy customers
- A defined purchase path that spoke to people in concise, easy-to-understand language (i.e Where to Buy instead of Retailers)